Here are some more smart anti aging tips from Sonali Gupta at yourfitnesspoint.com
The first one has been mentioned before and is one of the most important
1. Use a sunscreen!!!! Skin care specialists always include this tip because exposure to the sun IS one on the fastest ways to age your skin. All aside from the damage that can be caused by UVA/UVB rays, think about how much reflexive squinting you do when you are in the sun. After some time, as the collagen in your skin starts to deplete naturally, those lines that form when you squint will start to stick! Use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 for good sun protection.
Don't let he fact that you have oily skin prevent you from using sunscreen. There are a number of sunscreen products available on the market that wont cause your face to break out.
Three that have been highly rated by their users according to Totalbeauty.com are
a) OBAGI NU-DERM HEALTHY SKIN PROTECTION SPF
b)ZO SKIN HEALTH OCLIPSE SUNSCREEN + PRIMER SPF 30
c)SHISEIDO ULTIMATE SUN PROTECTION CREAM SPF 55 PA
2. Don't wash your face too often. There really shouldn't be any reason why you would have to wash your face more than twice a day-unless you are exposed to dirt and grime on a regular basis! If you have dry skin, you probably already know that washing with soap can cause your skin to feel tight and irritated. If you have oily skin, you might be tempted to wash your face several times a day in an attempt to control oil production. In actual fact, the more you wash your face, the more oil will be produced. It is nature's way of protecting your skin type from drying out. Consider using oil blotting papers like rice paper or a mattifying product to control oil during the day.
3. Nourish and take care of your skin from the inside and out. Make sure to eat foods like fruits- berries and melons as well as vegetables and beans,which are the basis of a well rounded diet. Anti oxidants help prevent oxidization and keep skin supple. Incorporate antioxidants into your skin care routine (see my blog about the top ten best antioxidants for younger looking skin for more information about good antioxidants for skin care)
4. Get enough sleep! This isn't just good for your skin, you also need to get enough sleep to stay healthy! Most adults don't get enough sleep-we need to get a good 8, maybe even 9 hours a night. Sleep on your back if you can to help prevent wrinkles from forming. This is also a good time to apply skin enhancing products like moisture rich night creams, or skin brightening or acne controlling products so they can work while you are relaxed and asleep.
5. Incorporate Omega 3 fatty acids into your regiment. This tip is a continuation of tip # 3. Nourishing your skin from the inside and out. Omega 3 fatty acids repair and revitalize your skin from the inside and out. Omega 3s can be food in foods like salmon, halibut,eggs, soy milk and yogurt.. They can also be found in some nuts, and plant oils. Flax seed oil is rich in Omega 3 and is sometimes included in natural skin care formulations particularly those used to manage dermatitis conditions like eczema and psoriasis. If you are interested, I have written several blogs about using oils in skin care.
6.Avoid smoking, excess sugar and alcohol. This one is a no brainer!
7. Finally, exercise regularly. Exercise will keep you looking and FEELING more youthful not to mention the excellent health benefits!
Here is a recipe for a Green tea anti aging face mask that the author claims really works. I HAVEN'T TRIED IT, but it looked really interesting! If you try it, please share your impressions with us
Green Tea Face Mask (Naturally I recommend organic ingredients whenever possible)
Organic honey-the author recommends wildflower honey but I think any good grade organic honey would work
Juice of two lemons
organic green tea powder. You should be able to find this at your local Asian foods market or health food store
Optional -You can also add fruit-banana will help moisturizer the skin or mango which will cleanse the skin
Blend all the ingredients together until they form a paste-you don't want it to be runny. Apply all over your face and neck and relax for 15-20 minutes and let all the good stuff soak in and then rinse with like warm water.